I’m somewhat of a cookie monster.
Not that I have to have cookies to live or anything… but I just really and thoroughly enjoy a good, home-baked (or small bakery-baked) cookie. They are certainly one of my favorite things, and we might have consumed the final cookies from this batch last night while watching our regular Sunday night television shows.
Other favorite things today include:
Boy’s “Little Numbers” single that is so catchy! so fun! and so danceable!
Planning for not one, but TWO half marathons in the fall/winter of this year. (Because I am awesome/crazy. But hopefully more on the awesome end of the scale.)
Getting ahead on all kinds of work and being incredibly productive on a Monday morning.
These Toasted Almond Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies, while a considerable tongue twister, have been hitting the spot recently, adding a little toasted crunch into my normal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Here’s how you make ’em:
Toasted Almond Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies are a delightful dessert! Dark chocolate chips and toasted almonds elevate these simple chocolate chip cookies into something special.
- ½ unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup whole almonds, toasted and smashed
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, applesauce, granulated sugar and light brown sugar.
- Add the egg and the vanilla, mixing until completely incorporated.
- Add the flour, soda and salt, stirring until incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, then chill for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pull the dough out of the fridge and add the almonds, using a spatula to stir them in just barely.
- Dollop the dough out into cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then enjoy!
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 132mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.
Happy Monday, y’all!
What are some of your favorite things today?