Celebrate Valentine’s or Galentine’s Day in style with a homemade Vanilla Hot Chocolate Martini. Sweet, chilled and utterly delicious, this dairy-free twist on a classic martini goes down smooth and makes a perfect dessert cocktail!
Valentine’s Day is this weekend!
Make a martini that tastes like a hot chocolate (except it’s cold!) for your date! Or for your friends!
They’ll be thankful you did… especially if this drink is served after dinner as a dessert cocktail.
I know Valentine’s Day is a love/hate holiday for most people.
I’m one of the weird ones who is indifferent about it.
Winston and I have a long-standing tradition of not celebrating Valentine’s on the actual day. We’ve always enjoyed trying a new restaurant around the fabled day of love, but we like to stay in the night of and make ourselves a fancy dinner.
This year, we’re having a cocktail dessert because that’s how we roll.
It’s darn good.
And this particular martini doesn’t taste like it has any booze in it, even though it’s actually swimming in booze.
So. Proceed with caution, but prepare to be delighted by this dessert cocktail.
Here’s how we made it:
- 4 oz. unsweetened cashew milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1½ teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons granulated sugar
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 oz. vodka
- 1½ oz. white creme de cocoa
- 1 oz. vanilla simple syrup (regular simple syrup soaked with a vanilla bean in it)
- Mix the unsweetened cocoa powder, granulated sugar and cinnamon in the bottom of a microwave-proof glass until well-mixed and combined. Pour the cashew milk on top, then heat for 1-2 minutes until the milk warms through. Mix in the dry ingredients, stirring until everything is combined.
- In a cocktail shaker, add several pieces of ice. Pour the hot chocolate cashew milk on top of the ice, then add the vodka, white creme de cocoa and the vanilla simple syrup.
- Shake until the drink is well-chilled and combined, then pour into two martini glasses, which have been rimmed with additional unsweetened cocoa powder/sugar mixture.
- Enjoy chilled!
Would you drink this martini?
What would you make it for?