Grab your girls and mix up decadent Skinny Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Martinis! These dairy-free, sugar-free martinis are the perfect drink to serve at your next girls’ night or for Valentine’s Day! A combination of cashew milk, vodka, crème de cocoa, agave, strawberries and cocoa powder makes these cocktails to-die-for tasty. Naturally sweetened and dairy free, there’s a lot to love about these Skinny Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Martinis.
This post contains affiliate links. If you were to make a purchase through one, I would receive a small commission. For more information about the affiliate programs The Speckled Palate participates in, please refer to my disclosure page.
2016 has been a year.
Am I right, y’all?
While there have been some wonderful highs, the lows have felt even more brutal than those of previous years. And I don’t know about y’all, but I sincerely hope that 2017 is kinder to us than 2016 has been. (And if your 2016 was all roses and goodness? Good for you! I hope 2017 is equally lovely!)
So to send 2016 off right and to prepare us for an incredible 2017–because it’s going to be incredible, I’ve teamed up with my blogging besties to offer up FOUR unique cocktails to enjoy with your friends in the new year.
I obviously went the girls’ night route with these… and lemme tell you, they’re stupidly DELICIOUS and deceptively strong and taste exactly like a chocolate-covered strawberry… except they’re both dairy-free and sugar-free.
What’s not to love about that?!?
I’ve been a sucker for martinis since my college days, having discovered a martini bar upon a photo assignment. (Let it be known that I didn’t spend my journalism days drunk. I photographed a lot of drinks, though I didn’t imbibe them, and this martini bar that I discovered was one of my favorite hidden gems in Baton Rouge.)
This martini is reminiscent of my early martini-loving days.
It’s sweet. It’s strong. It tastes like what it’s emulating. And I recommend everyone trying one of these beauties the next time they’re having a get-together with friends, whether it’s for a bridal shower, girls’ night, Valentine’s Day or a random evening… just because.
Because sometimes, you need a Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Martini on a random night of the week.
Recommended Tools/Products for Skinny Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Martinis
- Cocktail shaker. (Loving the shakers from Cresimo, Kate Spade New Yorand Cambridge Silversmith.)
- Angled Measuring Cup.
- Fine Mesh Strainer.
Get the look!
Other Fruity Drinks We Adore
- Easter Strawberry Champagne
- Blackberry Ginger White Wine Slush
- Spiked Blueberry Lemonade
- Spiked Watermelon Limeade
- Bourbon Peach Slush
These drinks are super easy to make, and they go down easy. To the extent that you’ll have to pace yourself because they’re a little bit strong.
Here’s how you can mix up a batch for you and your friends:
Grab your girls and mix up decadent Skinny Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Martinis! These dairy-free, sugar-free martinis are the perfect drink to serve at your next girl's night or for Valentine's Day! A combination of cashew milk, vodka, crème de cocoa, agave, strawberries and cocoa powder makes these cocktails to-die-for tasty. Naturally sweetened and dairy free, there's a lot to love about these Skinny Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Martinis.
Strawberry Dust Rim
- 1 strawberry, split
- ¼ cup freeze-dried strawberries, unsweetened
- 4 oz. unsweetened cashew milk (or any other unsweetened non-dairy milk)
- 2 oz. vodka
- 1 ½ oz. white crème de cocoa
- ½ oz. agave nectar (can substitute honey)
- 1 ½ teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 fresh strawberries, diced
Make the Strawberry Dust Rim
- In the base of a food processor (or in a plastic bag with a meat mallet), pulse the freeze-dried strawberries until they’re a fine dust. Transfer to a plate, and set aside.
- Run the split strawberry along the rim of two martini glasses.
- Dip the prepared martini glasses into the strawberry dust, effectively coating the rims of the glasses.
Make the Drinks
- In a blender, combine the cashew milk, vodka, white crème de cocoa, agave nectar and cocoa powder. Blend until smooth.
- Strain the mixture.
- Pour the liquid into a cocktail shaker. Add ice.
- Shake the drinks until the outside of the cocktail shaker is cold.
- Pour into the prepared martini glasses, and enjoy immediately.
This drink also works well with frozen strawberries if you cannot find fresh ones! Instead of adding four, add about 1/2 - 3/4 cup of the frozen berries and blend. It makes the drink perfectly cold (without needing the cocktail shaker) and gives it a delicious strawberry taste.
Serving Size:1 martini
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 5gSugar: 10gProtein: 4g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.
What kinds of drinks do you like to make with your girls?
Do you like the sound of this martini?
If you’ve made this drink, we’d love to know what you think! Leave a comment and star rating below!