Make BLT Bruschetta for an appetizer for your party! This fun twist on traditional bruschetta features all of the goodness of bacon-lettuce-tomato sandwich and a finger-licking good garlicky sauce. First, the bacon cook in the oven with the garlic. Whip up the garlicky sauce, then layer the ingredients onto toasted bread. Perfect for baby and bridal showers, tailgating and a regular ‘ol meal, this versatile BLT Bruschetta is great for a crowd!
And HAPPY SURPRISE BABY SHOWER DAY to Stephanie!
*does a little dance*
*blows a horn*
(… What? You don’t have a random horn to blow when you’re excited? #parentingWIN)
Today, a few blog friends and I are throwing a sweet virtual baby shower for our pal. We are so excited for you, Steph, and are anxiously awaiting the announcement that your babe has arrived! (Not too much longer now!)
And I’m bringing BRUSCHETTA to the party.
Is anyone surprised?
You could say I’m a little obsessed with bruschetta.
I love it all… and how could I not?
Carbs + toppings = happiness.
And I’m all about happy things, especially at a baby shower.
I think this twist on bruschetta will be a hit, whether you serve it at a baby (or bridal!) shower, a tailgate or homegate, a cocktail party or a random weekday/weeknight just because.
So before we get to the essentials and the recipe, let’s talk about the OTHER items being served at this Virtual Baby Shower!
Blackberry Peach Shortcake Stacks with Mint Whipped Cream from Cake ‘n Knife
Strawberry Watermelon Slushies from I Say Nomato
BLT Bruschetta from The Speckled Palate
Spinach Artichoke Phyllo Bites from A Savory Feast
Limoncello Lemonade from Feast + West
Mini Lemon Cheesecake Bites from A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
BLT Bruschetta Essentials
The Speckled Palate participates in affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about these affiliate programs.
Get the look!
Who’s ready to make some BLT Bruschetta for an upcoming event? (Yes, lunch can be considered an event. I won’t judge.)
Learn how to make this goodness yourself in the recipe card below!
Make BLT Bruschetta for an appetizer for your party! This fun twist on traditional bruschetta features all of the goodness of bacon-lettuce-tomato sandwich and a finger-licking good garlicky sauce. First, the bacon cook in the oven with the garlic. Whip up the garlicky sauce, then layer the ingredients onto toasted bread. Perfect for baby and bridal showers, tailgating and a regular 'ol meal, this versatile BLT Bruschetta is great for a crowd!
- 1 multigrain baguette, sliced
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces to fit on top of the baguette slices
- 2-3 heirloom tomatoes, , sliced
- 5 slices thick cut bacon, cut into 15 bite-sized pieces
- 3 large garlic cloves, smashed and halved
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons grainy dijon mustard
- 3 large garlic cloves, roasted with the bacon
Bake the Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the bite-sized pieces of bacon onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Scatter the garlic cloves around the bacon.
- Season the bacon with freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven, and bake 20-25 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp.
- Remove the bacon from the oven. Transfer the cooked bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and cool.
Make the Sauce
- Remove the garlic cloves from the bacon pan, and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, mince with a very sharp knife.
- In a glass mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise and mustard. Add the minced garlic, and stir until combined.
- Set aside for later. (If making in advance, chill in the fridge.)
Make the Bruschetta
- Toast the sliced baguette pieces in the oven or a toaster oven.
- Once toasted, remove and slather with the sauce.
- Layer the butter lettuce pieces, tomatoes, then bacon onto the toasted bread.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!
The bacon can be baked in advance, then stored in the refrigerator. Likewise, the sauce can also be made beforehand and refrigerated until it’s time to prepare the final bruschetta.
Please note that the final bruschetta should be served immediately. The bread will lose its crispness and become soggy with the toppings if it is not served soon after it is made.
Serving Size:6 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 270mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.