Last Updated on
I realize it’s the 22nd day of January, which probably means a lot of folks have thrown their resolutions of being healthier by the wayside by now, having given in to the temptation of cake, cookies and the like. (Me? I never gave that stuff up in the first place, sooooo…)
Whatever the case, could we take some time today to devour this delicious veggie-centric dish?
Yes, I realize we’re devouring it WITH OUR EYES since I cannot magically make a plate of this Lemon Kale appear in front of y’all as you read this post, but I’d really like for that to happen.
It’s vegan. (And it’s loved by non-vegans, too!)
It’s so simple.
And it’s so delicious.
And it’s perfect as a wintertime side dish that is comforting with a nice zing of lemon brightness.
Here’s how you can make it:
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 10 oz . fresh kale , chopped
- Juice of a lemon , freshly squeezed
- Zest of a lemon
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, warm the sesame oil.
- Sauté the garlic and red pepper flakes in the oil until the garlic begins to turn golden brown.
- Add the kale to the pan, and continually move the greens around the pan, cooking them down.
- When the kale has wilted down into the pan and is cooked through, add the lemon zest and juice.
- Serve warm.