(Make Carrot Cake Dip with Crispy Cinnamon-Sugar Wontons this spring! This dip tastes like whipped cream cheese frosting combined with carrot cake. Make the dip by mixing shredded carrots, cream cheese, powdered sugar, ground cinnamon and toasted pecans. Drizzle butter over the wonton shells, sprinkling with cinnamon-sugar, then bake until crisp. This Carrot Cake Dip for the ultimate springtime sweet treat that’s perfect an Easter get-together!
When my mother was in town for my daughter’s birthday, we made The Speckled Palate’s entire Easter spread. Get excited for the coming weeks because y’all, these recipes are super tasty.
And we’re starting with dessert first because YOLO. And because everyone needs to give this goodness a go this spring.
However, when we were plotting out this dessert, I learned that my mother had never made a carrot cake.
Let’s all collectively gasp because OMGGGGGGG carrot cake. (Sorry, Mom.)
At first, I was shocked at the revelation, but when I got to thinking about it, it made perfect sense.
My sister is allergic to carrots, so carrot cake is a no-go with her.
And apparently, my dad and I didn’t like that kind of dessert when I was a kid, so why would she ever bake one?
As someone who’s been known to bake a cake and then eat the entire thing herself because no one in her family wants it, I know the struggle…
When brainstorming Easter and springtime recipes, I wanted to incorporate a carrot cake-y dessert of some sort without resorting to baking a cake. Because while I love baking a cake, I wanted to do something different.
Enter Carrot Cake Dip.
Basically, it’s all those carrot cake flavors you love, but without the hassle of baking an entire cake and decorating it.
You know the really creamy, utterly decadent cream cheese frosting that you add to a carrot cake when all is said and done?
That’s the base of this dip.
Then we add shredded carrots, cinnamon, vanilla and toasted pecans for the finishing touches before using crispy homemade cinnamon-sugar wontons to scoop this goodness up.
Essential Tools/Products for Carrot Cake Dip with Cinnamon-Sugar Wontons
Disclaimer: The links below are affiliate links. If you click through and take action, I will receive a small commission. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about the affiliate programs The Speckled Palate participates in.
Get the look!
- Palais Glassware® Elegant Glass Cupcake or Cake Stand
- Evergreen Turquoise Plaid Yarndye Kitchen Textiles Napkins.
Now who’s ready to make some DIP for themselves and those they love?
Here’s how you can do it…
Make Carrot Cake Dip with Crispy Cinnamon-Sugar Wontons this spring! This dip tastes like whipped cream cheese frosting combined with carrot cake. Make the dip by mixing shredded carrots, cream cheese, powdered sugar, ground cinnamon and toasted pecans. Drizzle butter over the wonton shells, sprinkling with cinnamon-sugar, then bake until crisp. This Carrot Cake Dip for the ultimate springtime sweet treat that's perfect an Easter get-together!
- 12 oz. wonton wrappers, halved
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
Carrot Cake Dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
Make the Cinnamon-Sugar Wontons
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Cut the wonton wrappers in halves so they are in triangular shapes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar, then set aside.
- Line the prepared baking sheet with the wontons, carefully spacing them out so they do not touch.
- Drizzle butter over the wontons, then sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 4-6 minutes, or until the wontons are golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from the oven, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Repeat the process as many times as necessary until all the wonton crisps are baked.
Make the Carrot Cake Dip
- In a large glass bowl, combine the powdered sugar and cream cheese and combine using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, blending until smooth.
- Add the shredded carrots, vanilla extract, pecans, ground cinnamon and salt, then blend until incorporated.
- Enjoy chilled with the baked Cinnamon-Sugar Wontons.
This dip keeps really well in the refrigerator, so you can make it in advance for a get-together, then remove from the fridge before guests arrive. Simply cover the bowl it’s in with plastic wrap.
Store the Cinnamon-Sugar Wontons in a sealed container at room temperature. They will become soft if stored in the refrigerator.
If you don't want to make Cinnamon-Sugar Wontons, graham crackers would be a delicious substitute!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 431Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 369mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 3gSugar: 31gProtein: 7g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.