Need a quick cookie recipe for the holidays that the whole family and Santa will adore? Mix up these super simple No Bake Peppermint Bark Cookies today! White chocolate and marshmallows melt together to form the base of this gluten-free cookie. When the mixture is melted, stir in crushed candy cane pieces and rolled oats. Scoop the no bake cookies onto a lined baking sheet and chill before consuming. Enjoy with a mug of cocoa this Christmas!
This post contains affiliate links. If you were to make a purchase through one, I would receive a small commission. For more information about the affiliate programs The Speckled Palate participates in, please refer to my disclosure page.
It’s DAY TWO of 2016’s Sweetest Season Cookie Exchange Week. I’m floored by all the gorgeous cookies that have been made in celebration?
Truly, I wish we all lived in the same place or could send cookies via the Internet because holy cow, I want to eat them ALL.
As I was working on this post’s images, my favorite Christmas spotify playlist started playing a piano rendition of Amy Grant’s “Grown Up Christmas List.”
I don’t know about your childhood Christmases, but mine could have been accompanied by Amy Grant’s Christmas albums. They were our favorite, and in my book, they’re classics.
But when I was writing this post, that song hit me on a new level.
It’s been a hard few months for so many people, and as I was listening to the piano play a song I know by heart, the words sprung into my head.
So here’s my lifelong wish, my grown-up Christmas list. Not for myself, but for a world in need: No more lives torn apart, that wars would never start and time would heal all hearts. Everyone would have a friend, and right would always win, and love would never end.
That’s my grown-up Christmas list, too.
(I might’ve shed a few tears as I listened because oh my word, I wish this so much, especially after this year we’ve had.)
I’ve been trying to find joy in the little things during this last month, and I hope you’re doing the same. Even though there’s so much sadness in our world, there are good things, and those good things should be celebrated.
One of those good things, which, admittedly, is little are these No Bake Peppermint Bark Cookies.
Not only are they no-bake cookies, but they’re gluten free. And if you’re a lover of peppermint bark, you’ll go crazy over these little gems.
Erin’s Recommended Tools/Products for No Bake Peppermint Bark Cookies
- Essential products: Sheet pan. Nonstick baking mat. Cookie scooper.
- Get the look!: Snowflake mug (Similar from St. Nicholas Square and Anthropologie.) Striped platter (Winter design from Fringe Studio.) Red/white striped table runner/napkin (Similar from Sobremesa by Greenheart.)
Now, let’s focus on the good and make some super easy cookies today!
Trust me: You and your family will love ‘em assuming you’re all into white chocolate, marshmallows and candy canes.
Here’s how you can make them:
Need a quick cookie recipe for the holidays that the whole family and Santa will adore? Mix up these super simple No Bake Peppermint Bark Cookies today! White chocolate and marshmallows melt together to form the base of this gluten free cookie. When the mixture is melted, stir in crushed candy cane pieces and rolled oats. Scoop the no bake cookies onto a lined baking sheet and chill before consuming. Enjoy with a mug of cocoa this Christmas!
- 2 tablespoons milk, (whole or skim OK)
- 4.4 oz. white chocolate bar, broken into pieces
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup candy cane pieces, plus additional for decorating
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, warm the milk, white chocolate and marshmallows together, stirring constantly.
- As the mixture heats, the chocolate and marshmallows will melt. Keep an eye on this, as you don’t want it to burn, and keep stirring.
- When the chocolate and marshmallows have melted, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Stir in the candy cane pieces and the rolled oats.
- Moving quickly, scoop the cookies onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the cookies with additional candy cane pieces.
- Transfer to the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes, or until the cookies are set, then enjoy!
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 61Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.
What’s on your grown-up Christmas list?
How do you feel about no bake cookies?