Last Updated on
This post has been sponsored by Dannon & Mott’s®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Apple Chai Spiced Yogurt Parfaits make the perfect fall breakfast. Dannon® Light & Fit Greek® Vanilla Yogurt serves as the base for this breakfast and complements the homemade chai spiced granola, which can be made in advance. The morning of, layer the yogurt parfaits and top with apple slices and a drizzle of pure maple syrup! Apple Chai Spiced Yogurt Parfaits are a flavorful, filling breakfast for busy parents, professionals and even kids.
I never tried chai until my first year of motherhood.
Lady A and I were both sick and having a rough go of it. I had been texting with my sweet mama friend, Cody, throughout the morning hours as we napped on and off.
Shortly before lunch, I received a text informing me that there was a surprise on my doorstep. And when I opened the door, I discovered a steaming hot dirty chai and warm sandwich.
I burst into tears and sent a heartfelt THANK YOU message before devouring both.
Thank goodness for thoughtful friends.
Ever since, I’ve been in love with chai flavors, though I never blended them at home until I got the idea to make this Apple Chai Spiced Granola.
And boy, was I happy I had that idea because this granola, y’all.
It’s insanely flavorful. It’s easy to make. It’s crunchy and spicy and a little sweet and sings of FALL flavors.
And it’ll last for a while, depending on how many folks are enjoying it. In our household, its shelf life is about a week because we all are big fans.
My family enjoys our Apple Chai Spiced Granola on top of Dannon Light & Fit Greek Vanilla Yogurt.
The creaminess of the Greek yogurt with the vanilla flavor is ON POINT. We especially love it because it pairs so well with this granola!
Sweet + spicy + crunchy + creamy = an amazing breakfast flavor and texture combination.
Then we add some apple slices, a little drizzle of maple syrup and call them parfaits.
Apple Chai Spiced Yogurt Parfaits are an awesome, nutritious way to start the day, and they’re easy to eat on-the-go, too!
While we generally sit down and enjoy our breakfast together, sometimes, you have to get out the door quickly, but it’s still important to fuel your body for the day ahead.
You can open up the Dannon Light & Fit Greek Vanilla Yogurt, sprinkle in the granola, then add a few apple slices (and a drizzle of maple syrup if you want!), and you’re good to go!
And if you’ve got a kiddo who’s joining you? You can make them a parfait, too! And then let them sip on a Mott’s® 100% Juice Pouch. We’re big fans of this non-GMO juice because has no added sugar and is made from 100% real fruit juice. (That, my friends, is hard to find in an easy to take with you container, so this is a real win!)
To make these on-the-go, nutritious yogurt parfaits, I headed on down to my local Kroger to pick up ingredients.
In the dairy aisle, I found the Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt and grabbed a few 4-packs of both vanilla and strawberry for my family to enjoy in these coming weeks. (No, we don’t put this granola on the strawberry yogurt, but we can still enjoy it plain!) Dannon Light & Fit is only 80 calories and offers 12 grams of protein per container, so it’ll keep your belly full for hours after breakfast.
While there, I also picked up some Mott’s 100% Juice Pouches on the juice aisle for our girl. She just adores apple juice, and I just adore how there is no added sugar in these pouches.
Last, but not least, I got the ingredients for the granola, most of which were found on the baking aisle.
If you want to make these parfaits—and you totally should—you can save $2 when you buy Dannon® Light & Fit® (Greek or Regular, 4- pack) or Dannon® Danimals® Smoothies (6-pack or larger) AND Mott’s® Apple Juice (8-pack, any variety). Simply visit www.kroger.com or the Kroger mobile app to find the savings.
Scroll on down to learn how you can make these at your home!
Apple Chai Spiced Yogurt Parfaits make the perfect fall breakfast. Dannon® Light & Fit Greek® Vanilla Yogurt serves as the base for this breakfast and complements the homemade chai spiced granola, which can be made in advance. The morning of, layer the yogurt parfaits and top with apple slices and a drizzle of pure maple syrup! Apple Chai Spiced Yogurt Parfaits are a flavorful, filling breakfast for busy parents, professionals and even kids
- 2 cups rolled oats (not the quick cooking kind)
- ¾ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 oz. dried apple slices
- 5.3 oz. Dannon Light & Fit Greek Vanilla Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Chai Granola (recipe above)
- 1 apple, sliced thin
- Drizzle of pure maple syrup, optional
Make the Granola
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat, then set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, measure out the rolled oats, pumpkin seeds, walnuts and chia seeds. Using a plastic spatula, stir until combined.
- Add the cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, black pepper, cloves and allspice to the ingredients. Stir until everything has been coated.
- In another bowl, combine the maple syrup and warm water. Whisk gently until combined.
- Pour the maple-water mixture over the dry ingredients. Using the same plastic spatula, mix until everything has been coated.
- Pour the ingredients onto the prepared baking sheet, spreading into an even layer.
- Transfer the baking sheet into the oven, and bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven, and let the granola continue to cook for another 30-45 minutes, or until it becomes crunchy.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool.
- When the granola is at room temperature, mix in the dried apple slices.
- Transfer the granola to a refrigerator-safe container. Keep in the refrigerator up to a week.
Make the Breakfast Parfaits
- In the Dannon Light & Fit Greek Vanilla Yogurt container or another small breakfast bowl, stir the yogurt with a spoon.
- Sprinkle on the granola.
- Top with apple slices and an optional drizzle of maple syrup.
- Enjoy immediately.
Serving Size:2T (1 oz.) serving of granola
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 6mg Carbohydrates: 14g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g