Last Updated on
Happy almost April, y’all! This year is positively flying by, and the month of March was incredible.
Spring arrived in Dallas in March, and it heralded in Lady A’s second birthday. We saw a lot of friends and family during the month, and we got to experience a few new things as a family, too! So before we move on to April goodness, let’s look back and reflect on a few of the best things that March brought us:
To recap, my potluck, as defined by the folks at Merriam-Webster is:
the regular meal available to a guest for whom no special preparations have been made… a communal meal to which people bring food to share —usually used attributively <a potluck supper>; whatever is offered or available in given circumstances or at a given time.
Around the end of every month, I write up a list of my (current) favorite things. While this list might not be a traditional “meal,” I hope to bring some unique products/entertainment/links/etc. that I’ve recently loved in the hopes that y’all will enjoy them, too.
Here are some of my favorites from March:
This post contains affiliate links. If you were to make a purchase through one, I would receive a small commission. For more information about the affiliate programs The Speckled Palate participates in, please refer to my disclosure page.
1. New return address stamp: It came to my attention when I was writing thank you notes for our daughter’s birthday that our return address stamp said ‘Winston and Erin.’ Since it’s not just us anymore, I ordered a new one from Foryoo on Etsy. I am positively in love with this stamp. As someone who appreciates handwritten notes, a beautiful return address stamp is a must, and this one makes me aspire to write letters to everyone I know so I can use it again and again.
2. Old Navy Linen-Blend Cutwork-Embellished Shift Dress: It’s heating up in Texas, which means it’s time to put on comfy, light clothes. This linen-blend dress is so light, comfortable AND flattering that I want it in every color. I meaaaaaan… it’s basically calling my name.
3. Essie Turquoise & Caicos Nail Polish: When my mom was in town, we got our nails done. Ever since, I have been obsessed with this color. To the extent that I went out and purchased a bottle of it for myself because it’s going to stay on my nails all spring long!
4. Dallas Zoo: We trekked down to the zoo a few weekends ago and had a BLAST. We spent the morning and early afternoon exploring Africa, checking out all kinds of animals as we moseyed our way around. Lady A was a fan of the baby elephant with its mama, as well as the giraffes. We loved watching her talk about the animals we saw, and I have a feeling we’ll be going back soon!
5. Planet Earth II: Have y’all been watching this? We certainly have! Planet Earth has always been a favorite of mine — I adore nature shows, and so does Winston — and this series is absolutely breathtaking. As a photographer, I am in awe of the filmmaking and storytelling. Every episode leaves me wanting to watch another, and I’m sad that the run is almost over. Good thing we DVR’ed every episode so we can watch them over and over.
6. The Belly Button Book by Sandra Boynton: I cannot tell y’all how many times we’ve read this book. Lady A loves it, and so do I. Sandra Boynton’s rhyming text rolls off the tongue easily and makes reading fun. And the song included in this one? I sing it to myself quite a bit. ;)Also, it’s about belly buttons and hippopotamuses. What’s not to love?
7. Birthday festivities: Lady A turned two this month, and we had the best time! Friends and family descended upon our house for her birthday party one Saturday morning. We had a simple spread, easy appetizers paired with a cookie cake (adapted from my chocolate chip cookie recipe) and classic chocolate cupcakes with strawberry cream cheese icing. The kids played as the adults chatted and caught up. We celebrated throughout the day, enjoying the company of friends, as well as the family members who traveled to be with us.
What Did You Love In March?
Curious about other things I’ve loved? Check out my other potlucks:
October 2014 | November 2014| December 2014 | January 2015 | February 2015 | March 2015 | May 2015 | June 2015 | July 2015 |August 2015 | September 2015 | November 2015 | December 2015 | January 2016 | February 2016 |March 2016 | April 2016 | May 2016 | June 2016 | July 2016 | August 2016 | September 2016 | October 2016 | November 2016 | December 2016 | January 2017 | February 2017 | March 2017