Continuing the monthly tradition, The Speckled Palate’s The Potluck: January 2020 includes a few seasonal clothing items, a cookbook, a TV show and more.
Real talk: I’m notably terrible at writing these here potlucks for y’all because, well, I have a hard time keeping all my thoughts and all the things together. But I really enjoy these posts because they say a lot about what my life was looking like during a month, so I want to keep doing them.
Some awesome things about January:
- Extended time with our families and more celebrations.
- Getting back into routines after the winter break
- Lots of time playing with friends (and making time for myself to relax, whether it meant a face mask at home or brunch with friends)
Some not-so-awesome things about January:
- Our older one had the flu and strep throat… at the same time. Luckily, they were fast and furious, but it was still scary.
- I had a doctor’s appointment with basically every doctor imaginable, giving me less time to work when both girls were in school. (This is the first world-iest problem ever, I’m aware.)
To recap, my potluck, as defined by the folks at Merriam-Webster is:
the regular meal available to a guest for whom no special preparations have been made… a communal meal to which people bring food to share —usually used attributively <a potluck supper>; whatever is offered or available in given circumstances or at a given time.
Ready to learn some of the things I loved in January? Let’s do this potluck thing again!