Last Updated on
Whip up Pineapple Blackberry Ice Cream Parfaits to enjoy before Finding Dory! A nod to the iconic blue and yellow fish, this dessert is tropical, refreshing and easy to make. Blackberries, vanilla ice cream and milk are blended, then mix the pineapple, vanilla ice cream and pineapple juice. Layer the two flavors into a parfait glass and garnish with berries. Light, sweet and loved by the whole family, this dessert is a perfect way to celebrate Dory’s on-screen adventures.
This post contains affiliate links. If you were to make a purchase through one, I would receive a small commission. For more information about the affiliate programs The Speckled Palate participates in, please refer to my disclosure page.
I had just graduated from high school when Finding Nemo was released. I didn’t see it that first summer because I was all over the place. However, when I was introduced to it my freshman year of college, I purchased a copy of it for myself.
Yes, I was 18.
No, I had no child.
Yes, I’m openly admitting to purchasing a Disney movie that was made for kids (and their parents) and enjoying the heck out of it.
I may or may not still cry over certain scenes. (Real talk: HOW CAN YOU NOT?)
Here’s the thing: I’ve always been a huge Disney fan. We own most, if not all, of the classics… though they’re on tape, and we don’t own a VCR. And while I took a large break during my teenage years from my favorites, I was reintroduced to many in college.
In fact, if I ever found a movie/TV show/CD I enjoyed during that time in my life, I purchased it immediately. Which explains why I have so many old television shows on DVD. (If anyone needs a copy of any season of Greek, holler. I’ve got them all and occasionally binge them because that show makes me so happy.)
So that’s how Finding Nemo became a part of my collection.
Y’all can imagine my surprise and excitement when I learned that Dory was getting a movie of her own. It’s been a long time since we followed her and Nemo on their journey, and I, for one, am excited to see what’s in store for her.
Add in the fact that I have a young daughter now. While she’s not into television or movies, I look forward to sharing Nemo and Dory with her at some point in the future.
And to celebrate the release of the movie, which just so happens to be TODAY, I’ve teamed up with some blogger friends to celebrate all things Dory! I’ve got a list of all the projects and recipes everyone has made beneath the recipe, and I want to make them ALL.
My offering is this Pineapple Blackberry Ice Cream Parfaits!
Yes, it’s a mouthful to say, but I promise it’s worth it. Because this dessert is scrumptious!
These parfaits are super easy to make and perfect for the whole family. They’re also easy to change if you’ve got food allergies present in the house, which I’ve detailed below. You can even make ’em vegan with vegan ice cream and non-dairy milk.
And the best part?
These blue and yellow parfaits are a nod to the famous fish herself. And thinking about them makes me smile because I have no doubt this movie will be a hit.
Now, let’s talk about all these other fun Finding Dory goodies!
- Ocean Water Punch from Around My Family Table
- Finding Dory Printable from Home.Made.Interest.
- Fish Bowl Cocktail from Bread Booze Bacon
- Finding Dory Game from Simply Kinder
- Ocean Cupcakes in a Jar from Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Finding Dory Movie Munchies Mix from For the Love of Food
- Dory & Nemo Party Cups from Hey, Let’s Make Stuff
- Finding Dory Coffee Pot Play Set from A Little Slice of Us
- Easy Ocean Cupcakes from Celebrating Family
- Finding Dory Snack Mix from A Savory Feast
Other Tasty Movie Night Treats
- Tabasco Honey Butter Popcorn
- Chocolate Banana “Ice Cream”
- Caramel Corn with Almonds
- No Churn Guinness Brownie Ice Cream
- Caramel Corn Cookies
- Blueberry Cheesecake Popsicles
- No Churn Peanut Butter Pecan Chip Ice Cream
Essential Tools/Products to Make Pineapple Blackberry Ice Cream Parfaits
- Anchor Hocking Classic Soda Fountain Glass, as seen in the photos.
- Bistro Ice Cream Spoons, as seen in the photos.
All right. Now that you’ve got the tools, let’s make these parfaits…
Pineapple Blackberry Ice Cream Parfaits
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 5 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
Prepare the Blackberry Layer
- In the blender, combine the vanilla ice cream, milk and blackberries.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, and transfer to the freezer.
Prepare the Pineapple Layer
- In the blender, combine the vanilla ice cream, pineapple, juices and optional food coloring.
- Blend until smooth.
- Leave in the blender base and transfer to the freezer until time to layer and serve.
Prepare the Parfaits
- Pour a fourth of the pineapple layer into the bottom of a parfait glass.
- Layer the blackberry on top of the pineapple layer.
- Dollop one more layer of pineapple and blackberry, then repeat the process in another parfait glass.
- Serve immediately (or freeze until time, removing about 10 minutes before if frozen for a few hours) and enjoy with fresh fruit on top!
These parfaits can easily be made vegan. Use vegan ice cream and non-dairy milk instead of dairy-based products.
If you have food allergies in the house (or if people in your household aren't into blackberries or pineapples), substitute the fruits for other blue or yellow fruit. Blueberries, mangos and bananas would make good substitutes here.