Grab your girls and mix up decadent Skinny Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Martinis! These dairy-free, sugar-free martinis are the perfect drink to serve at your next girls’ night or for Valentine’s Day! A combination of cashew milk, vodka, crème de cocoa, agave, strawberries and cocoa powder makes these cocktails to-die-for tasty. Naturally sweetened and dairy free, there’s a lot to love about these Skinny Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Martinis.
2016 has been a year.
Am I right, y’all?
While there have been some wonderful highs, the lows have felt even more brutal than those of previous years. And I don’t know about y’all, but I sincerely hope that 2017 is kinder to us than 2016 has been. (And if your 2016 was all roses and goodness? Good for you! I hope 2017 is equally lovely!)
So to send 2016 off right and to prepare us for an incredible 2017 – because it’s going to be incredible, I’ve teamed up with my blogging besties to offer up FOUR unique cocktails to enjoy with your friends in the new year.
I obviously went the girls’ night route with these… and lemme tell you, they’re stupidly DELICIOUS and deceptively strong and taste exactly like a chocolate-covered strawberry… except they’re both dairy-free and sugar-free.
What’s not to love about that?!?
I’ve been a sucker for martinis since my college days, having discovered a martini bar upon a photo assignment. (Let it be known that I didn’t spend my journalism days drunk. I photographed a lot of drinks, though I didn’t imbibe them, and this martini bar that I discovered was one of my favorite hidden gems in Baton Rouge.)
This martini is reminiscent of my early martini-loving days.
It’s sweet. It’s strong. It tastes like what it’s emulating. And I recommend everyone trying one of these beauties the next time they’re having a get-together with friends, whether it’s for a bridal shower, girls’ night, Valentine’s Day or a random evening… just because.
Because sometimes, you need a Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Martini on a random night of the week.
Erin’s Recommended Tools/Products for Skinny Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Martinis
Please note that some of the links listed below are affiliate links, meaning if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, I would receive a small commission. Thanks for your support of The Speckled Palate!
- Essentials: Blender. Cocktail shaker. (Loving the shakers from Cresimo, Kate Spade New Yorand Cambridge Silversmith.) Angled Measuring Cup. Fine Mesh Strainer.
- Get the look: Martini Glasses. Rectangular Platter.
These drinks are super easy to make, and they go down easy. To the extent that you’ll have to pace yourself because they’re a little bit strong.
Here’s how you can mix up a batch for you and your friends:
- 1 strawberry, split
- ¼ cup unsweetened freeze-dried strawberries
- 4 oz. unsweetened cashew milk (or any other unsweetened non-dairy milk)
- 2 oz. vodka
- 1 ½ oz. white crème de cocoa
- ½ oz. agave nectar
- 1 ½ teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large fresh strawberries, diced
- In the base of a food processor (or in a plastic bag with a meat mallet), pulse the freeze-dried strawberries until they’re a fine dust. Transfer to a plate, and set aside.
- Run the split strawberry along the rim of two martini glasses.
- Dip the prepared martini glasses into the strawberry dust, effectively coating the rims of the glasses.
- In a blender, combine the cashew milk, vodka, white crème de cocoa, agave nectar and cocoa powder. Blend until smooth.
- Strain the mixture.
- Pour the liquid into a cocktail shaker. Add ice.
- Shake the drinks until the outside of the cocktail shaker is cold.
- Pour into the prepared martini glasses, and enjoy immediately.