Grill your pizza on a hot summer’s day instead of baking it. This Grilled Hawaiian Pizza is sweet, salty and savory. It is a summertime favorite and easy to make at home!
Firing up your grill this summer? Learn how to grill pizza!
This post contains affiliate links. If you were to make a purchase through one, I would receive a small commission. For more information about the affiliate programs The Speckled Palate participates in, please refer to my disclosure page.
Remember when our house was crazy hot because our A/C was dying a slow, painful death?
Did you wonder what we ate during that time? (Maybe I’m the only person who wonders stuff like that, so if you didn’t, no worries.)
Well, even if you didn’t wonder about our food consumption those few warm weeks, I’m going to tell y’all about it. Because it’s kind of important to why this pizza was made.
We ate some takeout. I made no-bake cookies when we needed something sweet. And we grilled because turning on the oven was a tall order for our struggling air conditioner.
I’ve heard about grilled pizza for a long time, but we never tried it. Well, things got dire last week. I didn’t want takeout and made the executive decision to try the whole grilling pizza thing.
Not surprisingly, it was all kinds of delicious and SUPER easy to put together!
Recipes to pair with Grilled Hawaiian Pizza
- Ramen Noodle and Clementine Salad
- Meyer Lemon Shandies
- Pineapple Blackberry Ice Cream Parfaits
- Summer Quinoa Salad
Tools to Make Grilled Hawaiian Pizza
- Stand mixer (to make the pizza dough.)
- Cast iron grill/griddle (if you don’t have a grill.)
- Iron Handle Skillet, as shown in the photos, or a Cast Iron Skillet (if you do have a grill and want to cook it on the grill!)
- Pizza cutter.
Ready to make some of this goodness for yourself and your family?
Use the grill to cook your pizza on a hot summer's day! This Grilled Hawaiian Pizza is sweet, salty and savory at the same time, and it is a summertime favorite!
- 1 round pizza dough
- ¼ cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. honey ham, seared
- ½ cup pineapple chunks
- Preheat the grill to 400°F. Place a cast iron skillet on the fire, and close the grill lid.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the pizza dough into a round.
- When the grill has heated to 400°F, place the pizza dough into the hot skillet.
- Dress the dough with the marinara sauce, then top with mozzarella, ham and pineapple.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until the mozzarella is melted and the toppings have crisped.
- Remove from the grill, slice, and enjoy immediately.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 264mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.