A random list of things I am currently loving for no apparent reason:
The Les Misérables movie soundtrack. (I don’t care if y’all didn’t like it. I was impressed, even if Amanda Seyfried’s voice does sound like, uh, bird-y. And then the combination of Bellatrix and Borat? Don’t even get me started, y’all.)
Good health. (Because getting a flu shot AND a migraine on the same day is a health doozy.)
Researching celebrity baby names… then feeling incredibly grateful to my parents for giving me a normal name.
Kolaches. (If you haven’t had one, you need to get to a Czech bakery pronto to check them out. My favorite flavor combo? Raspberry and cream cheese. Oh so delectable.)
Fresh cranberries in anything and everything I can get my hands on, including these lovely little muffins.
This recipe is an older one of mine that came into fruition after I randomly purchased a few bags of cranberries around Christmastime… and then didn’t make cranberry sauce.
I’ve tinkered with it over the years, and it is delightfully tart with a nice texture from the oatmeal flour.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 cup oatmeal flour
- ⅔ cups granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups fresh cranberries, chopped
- ⅔ cups fresh orange juice (do not use reduced sugar OJ)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix all wet ingredients together.
- Stir wet ingredients into the dry mix until just combined.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until muffins are cooked through and light brown on the top.
I made you a muffin. It’s delicious.
Happy Friday, friends!
What are you randomly loving today?