Since last Monday, I have been participating in a 10-Day Shakeology Challenge with Lindsey Catarino, an Independent Beach Body Coach. (Super high-five to Doniree for talking about this challenge and hooking me up with Lindsey and this program!)
This challenge, itself, is pretty simple. Every day, we eat three meals with two snacks. One of the meals is a Shakeology shake, and I have had a blast mixing these shakes up and adding different elements to them to see what tastes best. In addition to the shakes, Lindsey sent me a list of recipes that might work well and told me to have some fun tinkering with them.
The cool thing about this challenge is everyone participating wants to make a change in their diet/exercise routines and wants to jump-start themselves to reaching some long-term goals. Mine? Run a marathon. For reals, y’all. And since I’m putting it out here now, that means I have to do it. Eventually. Hello, Internet accountability. (Also? For me to be able to run a marathon, I need to figure out a good, balanced diet, as well as figure out some fabulous workouts that don’t require running, as my poor legs and feet will be taking a beating from the training and will need a break every other day.)
Luckily, Lindsey and her team of coaches have been chatting back and forth about what might work best for me for this intense training, and I am so excited to have a team of people helping me figure out what will work best for me. I’m also excited that I have been on this journey with so many inspirational and encouraging women — there is something to be said about lifting one another up when you’re challenging yourself like we are in this program, and they have been wonderful.
I have been enjoying the daily exercise, as well as the recipes Lindsey shared. And I wanted to share a specific one with y’all today that we adapted yesterday morning for a Sunday breakfast, as Winston and I love to eat eggs and random scrambles on the weekends.
This recipe is a simple one, but it packs a punch… and adds some veggies… into your usual morning routine!
|Veggie Pita Scramble||
- 4 eggs
- 1 whole wheat pita, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced into half rings
- 1/2 cup asparagus, chopped
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and sautee for a few minutes.
- Once the onions have started to brown, add the chopped asparagus and the tomatoes, sauteeing along with the onions until they have browned and softened.
- Season the veggies with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, crack the four eggs and whip them together with a fork.
- Pour the eggs into the veggie mixture, folding until cooked through.
- Scoop the scramble into the two pita halves, serving warm!
Do you have any long-term fitness goals? What are they?
Disclosure: The shake mixes and 10 days of coaching and support were provided by Lindsey. All opinions are my own.