I have to be honest with y’all. It’s felt weird for the past few weeks because we are moving in a little more than a month. It’s that unsettling kind of in-between time that nobody likes, and while Winston and I are doing our best to soak in everything Baton Rouge has to offer between now and then, it’s definitely something that has been on our minds.
We love it here. We have tons of friends and tons of activities at our fingertips. But since we’re moving so soon, it feels like we have even less time than we actually do. And that’s a little scary to both of us, even though we are thrilled to start a new chapter in Texas. So if you live in Louisiana and want to hang out? Let’s do it before the end of August.
That being said, I’ve got a few highlights/thoughts to share with y’all this beautiful Sunday afternoon…
1. In an effort to change up our diets a bit and break out of the eating patterns/recipes we are so set upon, I made some different recipes this week, including homemade flour tortillas, lemony chicken souvlaki and oatmeal pancakes.
2. Because everybody needs oatmeal pancakes on a Friday evening after a stressful week.
3. … If you don’t consider pancakes for dinner a “thing,” we might have to reconsider our friendship.
4. My dog, unsurprisingly, has decided I am a human-sized pillow and now lies on top of parts of me most, if not all, of the time.
5. While she’s super cute and I find this a little endearing since she sometimes isn’t the most snuggly of dogs, her fur… let’s just say there’s a lot, it’s hot and it makes me itchy.
7. If you’ve never experienced chicken and waffles, please do yourself a favor and treat yourself to some. To me, this is the perfect sweet/salty dish when done right, and I have yet to be disappointed.
8. I have found a new television obsession with The Newsroom. It is SO GOOD.
9. As a journalist, I’m a big fan of shows that emulate real life… and the feeling this series gives me reminds me of when I worked at a newspaper and spent a lot of time inside that newsroom. It’s accurate in that sense, and the way they’re reporting the news on News Night makes me wish that some actual stations would take a stand and do the news like they’ve decided to report it. Reporting the truth? Informing the public? Not inflating stories? And not reporting rumors or half-truths? … I’m all for that.
10. Also, it makes me think, ”Eff yeah journalism!” whenever I watch it and makes me want to run around and high-five people when something monumentous happens… so that. (For the record, I got the same enthusiastic feeling after watching State of Play.)
That’s all I have for y’all today.
What’s new with you? What are your Sunday Snippets?